|Founded:||December 21, 2009|
Ub3r is one of the secondary upgrades that members can buy for their account, alongside V3ndor. It is managed by an automated process that can be started by any member who meets the requirements.
The Ub3r upgrade was added to Hack Forums on December 21, 2009, and has remained ever since. In June 2018, it was removed and replaced by r00t. Following a data loss, r00t was removed on March 27, 2019, and Ub3r was reintroduced. The Ub3r upgrade was a lifetime purchase when it was first introduced. It was changed to a yearly payment shortly after being reintroduced.
- All L33t abilities and privileges
- Ability to give negative popularity ratings
- Popularity power increased to 3 points
- Can give 25 popularity ratings per day
- PM box increased to 10,000 messages
- Can send 5 PM recipients per message
- Search Favorites feature
- Can edit/delete your own posts up to 180 days
- Post flood limit set to 5 seconds
- Access to the Online list
- Access to the Bans
- Access to all member forums
- Can view Negative Popularity Log
- Can search Username History
- Allowed to have 3 character username
- Ability to save and reserve your last username change for 10 days
- Can view past 72 hours Warning Log
- Removal of advertisements
- Discount on paid Post Bytes Bump feature
- Special member group icon (replaces the L33t group image)
- Max Post Length setting is 30,000 characters
- Ability to edit your post 15 times in 60 day period
- Additional thread creation ability in some Marketplace sections
- Access to Popularity Given
- Can edit your post after a moderator edit
- Special "Sapphire of Ub3r" award
- Can deny PM receipts
- Can view invisible users in who's online list
- Custom stars
- Can invoke a Self Ban
- One @HackForums.net Email Alias
- Ability to view other members warnings not just points
- Can open and close your own threads
- Additional private support for site problems
- Can sell signature in the Sig Market
- Can start their own Bytes Lottery
- Bytes earning bonus of 200% for post replies and new threads.
- 1000 Bytes granted
In an effort to reduce the amount of Ub3r applications and to make the group even more difficult to apply for, Omniscient set requirements for a user to apply for Ub3r. The current requirements are as follows:
- Must have the L33t upgrade.
- Must have at least 100 posts.
- Must have at least 50 popularity points.
- Must be a member for at least 60 days.
Ub3r is currently purchasable.